Wednesday, September 21, 2011

First Day of Fall Equals Cake

Perhaps you're wondering how the first day of fall automatically equates with cake? Well, I'd be happy to tell you.


Despite the fact that I'm now middle aged and would be horrified at even the mention of a bikini, out of habit I've always dreaded fattening food in summer. It is sort of a habitual guilt left over from my beach babe days. So, the first day of fall is a day of freedom for me and I like to indulge in a sinfully delicious home baked cake.


Fall Spiced Devil's Food Cake with Chocolate Ganache



The first slice of heaven


This cake is very moist, super rich and absolutely delicious. A hint of cinnamon and nutmeg give the chocolate a cut of spiciness that gives another layer of flavor. In this one, I put a thin coating of my home-made strawberry jam between the layers with more ganache to hold it in place.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting again Christy.

That looks fabulous, even this early in the morning. Are you going to share the recipe?

Jennifer said...

Looks delicious! My husband would love this, he is a total chocolate addict. Yes, please share the recipe!

voip services said...

That looks fabulous

Ladyh Blogger said...

yummy cake

ATW said...

Good to see you back Christy!! I will definately get some chocalte cake tonight!!

sophia smith said...

Its really yammy chocolate cake..I would like to know recipe for this..Please keep sharing...

------
buy tadalis online

Elegant Rose said...

Yum! Sometimes you just need chocolate!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alessandroprimerano said...

mmmm buone :)

Russell Bryant said...

Christy, my 1st shot at parenting, your websites are really good! I'm not able to bake anymore but maybe I could get some help, IF YOU WOULD COME VISIT ME!!! Love you, Dad
12/14/2011 @ 10:21 AM