Wednesday, May 27, 2009

100th Post and One Year of Progress

Sorry all! I've been way busy for the last couple of weeks in the garden, working on the house, taking care of the pets' semi-annual and annual medical needs and even having strep throat (yippee..argh). I promise to get back to the blogs soon. I can't even imagine how much I've missed that you've all posted. The missed recipes alone are enough to make a girl weep!

I tried so hard to find some profound thing to post for my 100th, but all that got me was a 2 week dry period where I couldn't think of a single thing. This is better. :)

A Nice Spring Day at Home

Lavender is Blooming

Peas were blooming and are now being harvested

Garden a couple of weeks ago...just wait till you see the changes!

On May 12th, 17 blossoms on a single branchlet..now 17 tomatoes!

I can't wait to show you all the changes. I'm beginning to think my garden isn't quite normal at this point. I mean, since when do cauliflower get 3.5 feet tall? And lettuce leaves as long as my hand and forearm? And...::gulp:: 17 tomatoes on a single branchlet and all of them growing as big as any other? I'll show pictures. It's a little odd for me.




8 comments:

ChicagoMike said...

SOOOOO jealous of your early planting date. Glad to hear your disappearance was all for the good!

ChicagoMike

Christy said...

You have tomatoes already! Wow, I have flowers but that is it. It seems that your garden is very productive.

Judy T said...

Everything looks lovely. Glad you're better and glad you're back.
Judy

Sue said...

Oh, it all looks so nice!
I'm terribly jealous of your pea harvest. I only had THREE peas come up!! Ack!!!
Sorry you got strep. That's gotta stink when the weather is nice out.

Julia said...

This is so exciting! Congratulations. My garden is so far behind yours... I won't have peas for a few weeks yet and tomatoes... I've just got flowers.

Kenneth Moore said...

My tomato flowers aren't even blooming yet, but they're there! I look forward to seeing how your garden is doing now, what with all the stuff waiting to be harvested (already!).

I wish I hadn't had three insect pests on my radicchio--it was getting ridicchiously large (not forearm length, but pretty big!).

Happy 100th!

Ruth Trowbridge said...

Glad to see you again was afraid you were in rehab recovering from the lack of cleaning chemicals you use, lol. Strep is not pretty, do you work with the public? Drinking apple cider vinegar like lemon ade is a good relief for that. Your peas are bionic, surely beginners luck as I have never been able to grow peas like these! What do you use for fertilizer? Great post, now get back to work. Peace for all

ATW said...

The Garden Looks Great!! Everything looks so Healthy. Im curious about the lavender I would like to grow some around the house, next year. I can't wait to see how much you yield this year.