Wednesday, May 7, 2008

More Dirt or is it?

April 25, 2008- I had more dirt delivered and my order was for 6 cubic yards, or double of what I had last time. It is garden mix and not straight dirt. I got it to fill in an area in the corner of my yard where a stump was but the ground has sunk down as it has decayed away.

I really did expect more. Here are the two pictures. The first one is 3 cubic yards and the second is 6. They can't both be right. Anyone know which is more likely correct? Because I measure out exactly what I would need for the first and it did precisely what it was measured to do, I'm thinking the first one is right and I got jipped on the second load.

The load was exactly $237.90 for delivery. It isn't a fortune, but it is a lot for dirt and I wouldn't like to think this company short changed me.

Of course, it could be that I'm just less intimidated by large piles of dirt and they don't look so big anymore. You tell me....



No comments: