Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Mystery of the Beet Thinnings

May 8, 2008 - Up until last night, I had been puzzling out a bit of a mystery. Nothing serious, but it was the continuous disappearance of the leaves from the beet thinnings and the snippings that I bring in for salad additions.

My assumption was that the dogs had gotten to them, but when I offered them some, neither of them were interested so I wasn't sure. Well...the mystery is solved.




Yes, that is a cat. My dogs don't mind having their images splashed over the internet, media hounds that they are, but my cats like their privacy. This is my little old man, who I have had since he was just days old when he was orphaned 13 years ago.

If you are wondering how I got the pictures, it was a set up. I put the first thinnings down and he actually tried to snatch them out of my hands and was grabbing me with his claws. Once I put two and two together, I decided to test it out, camera at the ready and sure enough...you can see!

No comments: